I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling decidedly deflated. This is usually my favourite time of year, but right now a feel like a flat lilo.
So, I’ve hatched a scheme. In my other life, as The Minder, I talk to people all the time about how to get their sparkle back. It occurs to me that we could do that on a mass scale, all together, online.
This is what it involves:
1. Autumn officially starts on Sunday 22nd September. From that day, we’ll spend a month doing lovely things that leave us feel refreshed, inspired and re-energised.
2. This is what we’ll do:
- Read something
- Meditate, write morning pages or make time for a good think
- Look at the sky
- Get out of breath
Once during the month:
- Watch a film you’ve always wanted to see
- Visit an exhibition or a historical site
- Cook something wonderful from scratch
- Spend a whole evening listening to music that you love
- Take a long walk
- Do one crazy, spontaneous thing.
3. Of course, not all of this will be perfect for everybody. That’s fine. Do it your way. The aim is to shake off the fug and to get your mojo back a bit.
4. Blog about it, or don’t. But if you do, pop a link in the comments below and I’ll do my best to compile everything. There’s some code at the bottom of the page so that you can put a Brain Detox badge on your blog.
5. Talk about it online with #braindetox. I’ll try to compile that too.
6. Tell your friends! The more the merrier.
7. On Sunday 20th October, we’ll all decide whether or not we feel a bit better about the world.
What do you think? Are you in?
Cut and paste this code into a text widget or post to add it to your blog:
<center><a href=”http://www.bettyherbert.com/autumn-brain-detox/”><img src=”http://www.bettyherbert.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Autumn-Brain-Detox2.png” width=”206″ height=”174″ alt=”mumsnet” /></a></center>